Join the Paso Robles celebration of its emerging local favorite – lavender – at the seventh annual Central Coast Lavender Festival this summer. The festival will take place on Monday, July 11th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Downtown Paso Robles City Park.
Meet and mingle with lavender producers from across the county, who will be offering samples of lavender cuisine, tastes of lavender oils, dipping sauces, and lavender ice cream. These field experts will also be giving guests educational insight on the lavender product, the lavender growing process, and sustainable farming practices. The festival will hold free seminars on distilling lavender, the benefits of lavender, and other demonstrations throughout the day in the City Park Gazebo.
Wander through the lavender festival’s wide variety of engagements for the day:
· 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: Festival opens with Lavender Louie Louie, Master of Ceremonies
· 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Martin Parish—Music (Guitarist)
· Lunchtime: Look for our Lavender Honey Bee with a Handout on Downtown Restaurants’ & Market Lavender Specials
· 1:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.: Gage Willey — Cal Poly Agriculture and Environmental Plant Science Major— “For the Love of Lavender; Ensuring your Plants’ Success”
· 1:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m.: Gordon Wardell, Bee Expert - “How Lavender can Help our Bees Today”
· 2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Veronica Lynn – “Uses for Lavender in Home and Health”
· 2:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Lavender Distilling Demonstration by Don Avery (Across from Bandstand)
· 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Music
This year, the Central Coast Lavender Festival will have a special children’s activities area. There will also be a Lavender Tasting Garden, where guests can enjoy free samples that are also available for purchase in addition to the demonstrations.
An informal juried arts show will be accompanying the lavender festival, as an additional aspect to Paso Robles, local culture for visitors to celebrate.
The Central Coast Lavender Festival has partnered with many downtown restaurants and vendors that feature lavender products. Here are a few must-go spots to visit during the day of the festival:
· Amsterdam Coffee House (Lavender Lattes & White Chocolate-Lavender Cupcakes)
· Artisan (Lavender Strawberry Shortcake=lavender angel food cake, strawberry compote, lemon lavender sorbet, Chantilly)
· Berry Hill Bistro (Lavender-infused Rose’ Sangria)
· Bless Your Heart Baking (Lavender Shortbread Cookies, Lavender Cucumber Lemonade, Lavender Cupcakes)
· Cold Stone Creamery (Lavender Sorbet)
· Red Scooter Deli (Honey Lavender Scones)
· Spice of Life (Luscious Lavender & Mint Ice Tea & Lavender Cake)
· Spearhead Coffee (White Chocolate Lavender Granola)
· Vivant Fine Cheese (Assorted Cheese with Accoutrements)
· The Natural Alternative (Locally-produced Lavender Spray)
· We Olive (Lavender Lotions, Lavender Body Balm)
Lavender enthusiasts and curious wanderers can look forward to a day filled with delicious cuisine, fresh lavender scents, and summer beauty.