The highly anticipated 17th Annual World of Pinot Noir will take place at the luxurious Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, CA on Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4, 2017. The event allows guests to sample Pinot Noirs from nearly 200 wineries around the world. This two day celebration of wine also features in-depth tasting seminars, grand tastings, a Burgundy seminar and tasting, as well as the chance to indulge in gourmet lunches and dinners. Bacara Resort & Spa offers the perfect ambience for this event.
The 2017 World of Pinot Noir promises an outstanding roster of events for Friday, March 3rd:
● Hirsch Vineyards and Louis Latour “The Terrorists” will be hosting a seminar and lunch series from 9am-2pm. The event will begin with a Louis Latour Tasting -- a winery that is nearly 125 acres in size. Following the sampling of these wines, Hirsch Vineyards will then present wines that span vintages and single vineyards for a vertical and horizontal tasting.
● At 11:30am, guests can also participate in the Rosé Lunch at Angel Oak Restaurant. Here, guests can enjoy a selection of Pinot Noir rosé wines with lunch.
● Around the World with Pinot Noir: International Pinots with SOMM Journal will occur at 1pm in Salon 4. Presented by SOMM Journal, a panel will showcase the diversity of this grape across several continents.
● During the afternoon, Pinot Noir by the Sea: Focus Tasting will transpire. The VIP admission allows entrance at 3pm in the Bacara Ballroom and secures early entrance to the tasting of a select group of 100 producers. General admission is at 4pm and you will also get to sip on wine while indulging in appetizers specially crafted by the Bacara culinary team. This event also includes a silent auction, where the funds raised will benefit the Michael Bonaccorsi Scholarship Fund and the Keith Patterson Memorial Endowment at Cal Poly.
● On Friday evening attend the Kosta Browne 20th Anniversary Dinner with Chef Dustin Valette at 7:30pm in the Rotunda. This intimate five-course dinner is limited to 65 guests and will feature an exclusive presentation of Pinot Noirs.
● Also occurring at 7:30pm in the Director's Lounge is the Edna Valley Collective Dinner with Chef Brian Collins. At this event, the Edna Valley Collective wineries – Baileyana, Center of Effort, Tolosa, Claiborne & Churchill -- Stephen Ross Wines and Niner will present a five-course dinner that accentuates the unique flavor of Edna Valley wines.
● The Wines of Anderson Valley Dinner will occur at 7:30pm at the Bistro. Here, executive Chef Vincent Lesage will prepare a five-course dinner to pair with wines from Anderson Valley in Mendocino County.
● Lastly, the Louis Latour Burgundy Dinner will take place at 7:30pm in the Spa Cafe. A special dinner prepared by Bacara’s Lesage will feature exclusive Louis Latour wines in an intimate six-course meal.
The wine-inspired events will continue on Saturday, March 4th with an equally exciting list of options to partake in:
● The Burgundy Seminar and Lunch -- La Cote D’or -- Vintage Does Make a Difference will occur at 9am in the Santa Ynez Room and Rotunda. This seminar will feature multiple vintages and a three-course luncheon featuring Burgundy wines will follow.
● If you enjoy bubbles, then attend the Sparkling Brunch, which begins at 11am in the Angel Oak Restaurant. A selection of champagnes and sparkling wines will be featured during the brunch prepared by Bacara’s culinary team.
● Fromagerie Sophie proprietors Sophie Boban-Doering and Paul Doering of Wine Enthusiast will moderate the Pinot & Pâté seminar at 1pm in Salon 4. Here you can taste three cheeses, one pâté, and one charcuterie per wine.
● Pinot Noir by the Sea: Grand Tasting will begin at 2:30pm for VIP guests and at 3:30pm for general admission in the Bacara Ballroom. The VIP ticket will allow access to special areas for wine and food. This event will feature more than 120 producers of this unique grape and Chef Vincent Lesage will delight your taste buds with pinot inspired appetizers. Fromagerie Sophie will also attend with their incredible cheese tasting and our Silent Auction returns with a new slate of magnums, verticals and special bottlings.
● This year, WOPN will be honoring Merry Edwards at the Rock Stars of Pinot Noir Dinner at 7:30pm in the Angel Oak Restaurant.
● Hitching Post Retrospective with Frank Ostini will occur at 7:30pm in the Director’s Lounge. As one of the founders of WOPN, Chef Frank Ostini will prepare a special barbecue dinner featuring a vertical of Hitching Post Noirs.
● At 7:30pm in the Spa Cafe you can also attend the Vintage Burgundy Dinner with the Guild of Sommeliers. Jay Fletcher, MS will present vintage wines from the Guild’s extensive cellar in this six-course gourmand experience in a private dining salon for 45 guests.
This wine inspired event will truly be a sensational experience. All the events promise to both enhance your knowledge of Pinot Noir and delight your senses!