Since it was founded in 1996, the Creston Classic Rodeo has been attracting cowboys and cowgirls from all over California to partake in this exciting weekend of events. This 22nd rodeo promises to have even more competitions, prizes, and entertainment than ever before. Located in San Luis Obispo County -- about 15 miles southeast of Paso Robles -- this rodeo allows guests to experience the traditions of the pioneers that founded this unique region.
The prizes and contests for this year’s rodeo include:
· $5,000 Added Money: Minimum total of additional money that the Rodeo Board will provide for prize money. Entrance fees to the rodeo will also be added to this substantial amount.
· All Around Saddles: $1,800 will be paid directly to saddle makers. Saddle fenders with the CCR logo and “All Around” on the saddle.
· Event Buckles: CCR event buckles to the first cowboy or cowgirl in each event.
· Jackpot Barrel Racing: the race will take place on Thursday, September 14th. Sign up begins at 5:00pm and the race costs $60 to enter. The race will commence at 6:00pm.
· Jackpot Team Roping: takes place on Friday, September 15th. Sign up begins at 4:00pm and roping begins at 5:00pm.
The Creston Classic Rodeo will take place from September 14th to 17th. General admission is $5 for adults. Children under twelve years of age and those in military uniform may enter free of charge.