Historic downtown Paso Robles has an active and flourishing artist workshop and accompanying community which strives to empower the visual arts. Studios on the Park is a non-profit organization that has committed itself to making the creative process available to the public, both local crowds and visiting guests. Studios on the Park hopes to inspire and interact with the Paso Robles greater community and visitors by providing an open workspace in addition to welcoming in featured artists, leading exhibitions, and educational programs.
Studios on the Park has been centered on its rotation of energizing galleries and exhibitions. The Current exhibitions include:
- “Signature Exhibition” (May 28th to June 26th): This is the Studios’ traditional exhibition that celebrates contemporary artists.
- “Put a Bird on It” (May 5th to June 26th): Put a bird on it” features the works of talented artists who share their love of birds through paintings, installations, sculptures, glass works, and jewelry.
- “Passage to Paso” (May 20th to July 1st): Paso Robles High School’s history students have collaborated with students in the school’s Journalism 1 course to capture photographs of the many immigrants who have migrated to the city from other countries along with objects that were significant in their journey. The gallery showcases these meaningful photographs in addition to their stories.
- “In the Garden” (May 31st to June 26th): In the medium of their choice, these Paso Robles Art Association artists have shared what a garden means to them for the “In the Garden” exhibit.
Become involved by attending one of the Studios on the Park’s classes and workshops, facilitated by engaging and experienced artists:
- PRAA Acrylic Painting 101: The Basics of Painting With Acrylics with WB Eckert
Wednesday, June 15: 9 am - 3 pm
This fun and informative class is geared to beginners and anyone interested in a comprehensive introduction to painting in acrylics. will cover brushes and other tools used, as well as mixing paints; introduction to values, shades, and tints, using a limited palette, and some techniques used in painting with the medium.
- Urban Nocturne Plein Air Painting Workshop with Thomas Van Stein
The class runs on two nights and one day:
Friday, June 17: 5 pm - 10 pm
Saturday, June 18: 5 pm - 10 pm
Sunday, June 19: 11 am - 4 pm
The Urban Nocturne Plein Air Painting Workshop offers a rare opportunity to paint under the instruction of Thomas Van Stein, a renowned Nocturnal artist. He teaches techniques and wisdom to animate your paintings, as you paint in offsite locations in the charming Paso Robles landscape for the first two days of the workshops.
- PRAA Beginning Drawing: Basic Perspective with WB Eckert
Thursday, June 23: 6 pm - 9 pm
This beginner's class with WB Eckert focuses on the basic principles of perspective drawing. Drop-ins are welcomed.
- Mixed Media Workshop with Eve Provost Chartrand & Anna Meyrick
Saturday, June 25 & Sunday, June 26: 10 am - 3 pm
Join artists Anna Meyrick and Eve Chartrand and explore mixed media material and color to create art that reflects who you are and your unique story. The topics that the workshop covers are collage techniques, layering, mosaic concepts, adhesives, color theory, design concepts, and composition
PRAA Splashing Paint with the Painters' Guild
Tuesday, June 21st and June 28th: 9 am - 12 pm
Painters of every media meet and paint together, share ideas, and support one another with healthy critiques. The class is structured for artists of all skill levels, including beginners.
Studios on the Park is a cultural hub that not only brings in brilliant talent, but also strives to support new artists in crafting their own.