1) Firestone Walker Brewing Company- This award-winning brewery is the granddaddy of craft breweries on the Central Coast. Open since 1996, this family-run brewery invites you to take a tour of the facility, enjoy samples in the tasting room, and partake in their seasonal bistro fare in the Taproom Restaurant. Tours are available in both the Brewhouse and the Barrel Room and they also offer an evening tour. This brewery is a popular destination, so be sure to book your tour in advance.
2) Barrelhouse Brewing Co.- They are centered in an outdoor beer garden and considered by locals to be “the local brewery.” Featuring a waterfall, picnic tables, and a cool garden area, this brewery not only offers a year-round series of brews and ales, but also an impressive calendar of music and events. This brewery is a great place to hang out and offers something for every palate. There’s also a bonus for cider lovers…Tin City Cider, the city’s only cidery, is located right next door.
3) Earth & Fire Brewing Co.- Started by two local engineers, this brewery began with home brewing by owners Nick Vega and Nolan Mott. With the help of family and friends, they’ve opened what they’re calling the city’s first nanobrewery. Their beer is brewed locally with a two-barrel system, fresh ingredients, and new flavors regularly. The tasting room is casual and homey with couches, board games, mismatched furniture, and inspiring craft beer.
4) Silva Brewing Co.- Located a short walk across the railroad line from Earth & Fire is Silva Brewing. This newer brewery is the creation of MJ and Chuck Silva, who departed from Green Flash Brewing in 2016. The Silva’s dream to own a small brewery has become a reality and is located in the same building as The Pour House, one of Paso’s most popular beer bars. The Silva’s offers a line-up of diversified beers including IPA’s, dark beers, citrus inspired pale ales, and German and Belgian styles.
5) Toro Creek Brewing Co.- A few blocks north, in downtown Paso, is Toro Creek Brewing. The taproom ambiance is laid-back and hip, with a crushed velvet green couch and the sound of vintage vinyl spinning on a record player in the background. They offer a red ale, a saison, an IPA, and an oatmeal stout that are rich in flavor and texture. This family-owned brewery is passionate about creating their beer from organically grown hops and barley from their own local farm.
Add these breweries to your list when visiting Paso and don’t forget to book your room at the Allegretto Vineyard Resort, one of Paso’s premier resorts! Call us today to lock in the best rate for your getaway.