Planning a wedding is no easy undertaking. Before you even begin taking steps, devote some time to reading over some of these planning essentials. With these indispensable tips in mind, you will be more prepared as you begin creating your dream wedding.
To help guide you through your wedding planning, here is a list of things we recommend you prepare:
- Select the Perfect Date:
- When scheduling your wedding, the first thing you want to ensure is that the day you select is a weekend, or a day that people can easily take off from work. Once your pick your date, you will also want to send out “Save the Date” cards and invitations to ensure that your guests have plenty of advance notice.
- Separate Wants and Needs:
- When planning a wedding, there will always be things you want and things you absolutely need. Needs include things such as a wedding dress and a venue large enough to host your guests. Only after these needs are met should you start focusing on purchasing what you want.
- Set a Budget:
- Although most people want an extravagant wedding, it is important to set a realistic and feasible budget for yourself. As you start to hire vendors, you should update your budget and ensure that you are staying on track.
- Choose a Theme:
- Themed weddings, such as a beach wedding or a winter wonderland, can make it easier to select decor for your venue, the type of food you will serve, and much more.
- Manage your Paperwork:
- The most crucial thing you will need to secure if your marriage contract. In terms of paperwork, make sure you receive and keep track of contracts from all your vendors.
- Seek Help:
- The average wedding takes 240 hours to plan. Needless to say, it is too monumental of a task to take on alone. As a result, you should hire a wedding planner or recruit family and friends.
- Have a timeline:
- Set deadlines for all the important tasks you need to complete, ask your guests for RSVPs, and remember to schedule final payments to vendors.
- Do Not Multitask:
- When you attempt to multitask, everything is usually done haphazardly and not to the best of your ability. Finish one task at a time to ensure it is done completely and well.
- Add Personality:
- Your wedding is a celebration of you and your partner, so it should reflect you as individuals. To add a personal touch to your wedding, you can include your favorite food items on the menu or have your band play some of your favorite songs.
- Slow it Down:
- Allow yourself ample time to plan your wedding so you are not overwhelmed and can actually enjoy planning your special day!
We hope that with these planning tips in mind, you can make your wedding preparations run even more seamlessly!